Last Updated: June 6, 2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
(a) Information You Provide to Us Voluntarily
We do not ask for any information from you when you simply visit our Website.
We may collect Personal information such as your name, email address when you sign up for newsletters or ask for additional information from us by filling out a contact request form.
The types of information described above are collectively referred to as “Personal Information.”
(b) Information Automatically Collected
- In addition to information that you choose to affirmatively submit to us, you should understand that we automatically collect and/or store certain information simply when you visit or interact with the Website (“Usage Information”).
- This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Website. Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI, or another unique identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, browser language, time zone, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- Referring and exit web pages and URLs;
- The areas within our Website that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your Device location or other geolocation information, including the zip code, state or country from which you accessed the Website;
- Your Device characteristics; and
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Website.
(c) Information from Tracking Technologies
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device.
When you visit our Website, the Foundation receives standard web performance tracking data about your visit: Information from your browser, including your IP address and the pages you visited on our site, is recorded in our Website server logs and analytics platform using cookies. This Usage Data is analyzed to understand how well our Website is performing and determine how to best provide information to visitors to our Website. No Personal Information is collected during the tracking process.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may use your Personal Information for various purposes, including:
- Responding to requests for information,
- Sending you email communications such as electronic newsletters about the Foundation,
- Improving the effectiveness of our Website,
- Helping us address problems with and improve our Website and our products and services, including testing and creating new features and services,
- Protecting the security and integrity of the Website, including understanding and resolving any technical and security issues reported on our Website,
- Engaging in analysis, research, and reports regarding the use of our Website,
- For internal business purposes and our legitimate interests,
- Complying with the law and protecting the safety, rights, property or security of the Foundation, and the general public, and
WHEN WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share any information you provide with any third party individual or organization for any purpose other than to support and maintain the operations of our Website technology, and never for the purposes of their communicating to you.
We may aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected from and through the Website such that such information is no longer linked to your personally identifiable information. We may use and share this aggregated and anonymized information (non-Personal Information) for any purpose, including without limitation, for research and marketing purposes and to help us improve information flow and the user experience.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information In the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our Website, consider what information to include and exclude.
• If you have previously agreed to our using your Personal Information for purposes of receiving information from you, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Administrative Correspondence. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you messages for administrative or other purposes directly relating to your use of the Website.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Foundation may also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Our Website is NOT directed at persons under 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, without your consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take steps to remove such information and terminate any account your child has created with us. We encourage you to spend time online with your children and to participate and monitor the online activities of your children.
LINKS FROM THIS WEBSITE
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals), but there is no universally agreed upon standard for what a company should do when it detects a DNT signal. Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms. You can learn more about Do Not Track at https://allaboutdnt.com]
VISITORS TO THE WEBSITE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Once you provide us with information, that data remains confidential. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Website, and you provide us with your information at your own risk.
USE OF THE CONRAD N. HILTON FOUNDATION IDENTITY AND CONTENT
Any use of “Conrad N. Hilton Foundation,” its logo, or text or graphic materials contained in this website in any manner to express or imply endorsement, sponsorship, affiliation or association of the user with or by the Hilton Foundation, is strictly prohibited. Without prior written consent of the Foundation, you may not create a link to this Website that incorporates or relies upon, in whole or in part, any content from any page on this Website, or that incorporates any copyrighted or otherwise intellectual property of the Foundation.
DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
Because of the number of possible sources of information available through this Website, and the inherent hazards and uncertainties of electronic distribution, there may be delays, omissions and inaccuracies in such information. The Foundation cannot and does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currentness, relevance, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose of the information available through this Website, nor do we guarantee that this Website will be error-free and continuously available.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us.