The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is a family foundation established in 1944 by the man who started Hilton Hotels. We provide funds to nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of individuals living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage throughout the world.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation foresees a world in which improving the human condition is a shared and sustainable goal. “Love one another, for that is the whole law,” Conrad Hilton wrote in his will. The peoples of the world “deserve to be loved and encouraged—never to be abandoned to wander alone in poverty and darkness.” That is our resolve.
We are guided by the intent of our donors, Conrad and Barron Hilton, who gave virtually all of their personal wealth to the foundation and gave its directors a noble, global philanthropic mission. “As the funds you will expend have come from many places in the world,” Conrad Hilton counseled, “so let there be no territorial, religious, or color restrictions on your benefactions.” In our workplace and in our collaborative efforts to alleviate human suffering, we apply their values of integrity, thinking big, humility, stewardship, and compassion.
- Conrad N. Hilton established the Foundation as a philanthropic trust in 1944. The Foundation continues to be guided by our founder’s mandate to “relieve the suffering, the distressed and the destitute.”
- Since our inception, we have awarded more than $3.2 billion in grants, distributing nearly $290 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2023. Our current assets are approximately $7 billion.
- A family foundation, our board of directors includes a majority of Hilton family members. Our staff administers our financial and grantmaking responsibilities and oversees the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
- Though we share the same founder, the Foundation is not affiliated with Hilton Worldwide. In 2007, Barron Hilton sold his interests in the hotel business to Blackstone Group LP. All hotel inquiries should be directed to Hilton Worldwide.
- The Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals.
- We are located in Westlake Village, California.