The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is a family foundation established in 1944 by the man who started Hilton Hotels. We provide funds to nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of individuals living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage throughout the world.
- Conrad N. Hilton established the Foundation as a philanthropic trust in 1944. The Foundation continues to be guided by our founder’s mandate to “relieve the suffering, the distressed and the destitute.”
- Foundation assets increased from approximately $2.9 billion to $7.5 billion following the 2019 passing of Barron Hilton who, like his father, pledged virtually his entire estate to the Foundation. Since our inception, we have awarded more than $2 billion in grants, distributing $207 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2020.
- A family foundation, our board of directors includes a majority of Hilton family members. Our staff administers our financial and grantmaking responsibilities and oversees the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
- The Foundation is unconnected to Hilton Worldwide. In 2007, Barron Hilton sold his interests in the hotel business to Blackstone Group LP. All hotel inquiries should be directed to Hilton Worldwide.
- The Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals.
- We are located in Westlake Village, California.
Download and read our most recent brochure to learn about our approach to funding, our programs, the Hilton Humanitarian Prize and the philanthropic legacy of Conrad N. Hilton.
For more in-depth information, download “The Hilton Legacy” book below: